If you want to update your siding, you’ll need a keen eye and a proper coat of paint. You won’t need a complicated blueprint because this guide will put you on the right track.
Consider the Style of the Home
Homes have evolved throughout the years. In each era, there were distinctive paints that defined specific architectural designs. For this reason, it’s best to identify what type of home you have first so that you can effectively enhance it with a proper coat of paint.
- Craftsman: Craftsman homes will typically have wooden siding. In order to honor this theme, the siding must have a neutral tone because a neutral color will not clash with the natural look of the wood.
- Colonial: Colonial-style houses were built in the 1600s. They have bold, geometric shapes, distinctive windows, and other elements that stand out. If you have this type of home, there are a few paths you could take to upgrade the siding. You could go with a basic white shade or a beige shade if you want to achieve a traditional look. However, if you prefer a bolder look, you could paint the siding light blue or brick red.
- Victorian: Victorian houses are designed like dollhouses. Because of this, using playful colors for the siding is acceptable. In most communities, the siding on these homes is purple or blue.
- Mediterranean: A Mediterranean home should have colors that represent the coast. When it comes the basic tones, there are many options for this style. You could basically pick any color on each end of the color spectrum. If you need some basic ideas, go with white on the light end of the spectrum, and if you prefer a richer tone, a red paint will look great on any Mediterranean home.
- Farmhouse: Farmhouses are supposed to have a clean, refined look. This is why the siding is usually a neutral color like blue, ivory, white, or gray.
- Contemporary: A contemporary house has an asymmetrical look that offsets the siding. Balance is the key to a unform designed. In order to achieve this, the siding on a contemporary home needs to be a neutral tone.
Upgrade Your Siding the Professional Way
If you’re ready to add color to your world, we’re here to lend a helping hand. To get started, just contact Premium Siding and Painting.